Taylor Shellfish Farms is one of the largest producers of farmed shellfish in North America. The company is quickly growing in sustainable shellfish farming with new techniques and innovative growing methods.
Taylor Shellfish Farms is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, material status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with federal, state and local ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
The position of Fleet Maintenance 3 will be based in Shelton, Washington. Fleet maintenance 3 will work in the shop and remote locations of Taylor Shellfish Farms and is responsible for operating, maintaining and repairing various company vehicles, equipment, and machinery which includes, but is not limited to, company: boats, trucks, tractors etc. The fleet maintenance 3 is responsible for diagnosing, repairing and maintaining and data logging all mechanical repairs.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Report any safety and company policy violations to the shop manager or safety manger
- Report any vehicles and/or equipment in need of repairs to shop manager
- Use and perform maintenance on company machinery, vehicles and equipment
- Maintains a positive and cohesive work environment
- Compliance to safety and regulatory concerns
- May be required to work at other work sites/locations as needed
- May be required to do other tasks as needed
- Willing to work long hours to finish jobs if needed
- Professional conduct with internal employees and external vendors as well as the general public
- Demonstrate a commitment to all facets of the role; working towards the achievement of the company goals and objectives.
- Awareness and compliance of policies and procedures within the organization.
- Provide efficient repair and preventative maintenance of company property.
- Promote a positive, efficient and cohesive work environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have experience with heavy equipment
- Must be able to read and understand technical manuals, standard operating procedures and schematics
- Diesel engine repair
- Gasoline engine repair
- Hydraulics and electric control experience
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently, at times with little direction
- Strong and sound decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal/written skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Must maintain positive company morale
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance & transportation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, JOB & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Formal training from an accredited technical college or trade school or equivalent Work experience.
- Safety training preferred: Forklift training, tractor training, motor safety, first aid classes
- Must be 21 years or older
- Position requires both day and night work – on call
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk on uneven ground up to 10 hours per day.
- The employee is required to stoop, bend, kneel, twist, and squat 100% percent of the time
- The employee needs to be able to lift up to 75 lbs. (Occasionally required to exert up to 125 lbs. of force)
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to speak and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and managers
- Must be able to use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on machines, boats, etc.
- Must be able to drive to multiple company locations
Here at Taylor Shellfish we offer health insurance for the employee and their family with incredibly low premium costs and annual deductibles. We offer dental, vision, plus an excellent 401K program with 100% match up to 5% of the employee’s gross income. We also offer paid time off which starts to accrue immediately and gives you a whole week of paid time off in the first year (dependent on hours worked), plus 6 paid holidays a year, amazing company discounts, paid training through the company and a tuition reimbursement program.