Taylor Shellfish Farms is one of the largest producers of farmed shellfish in North America. The company is quickly growing in sustainable shellfish farming with new techniques and innovative growing methods. Visit our website at www.taylorshellfishfarms.com to learn more about our company.
As a Geoduck Diver, you will be expected to dive harvest geoduck without breakage while maintaining safety off and on the boat as necessary. In addition to Dive Harvesting, you may be responsible for beach harvest, or Geoduck tide maintenance as needed. Part of the job will include driving company vehicles along with other various tasks.
- Must be able to navigate a boat in all weather conditions
- Checks and maintains oil levels on the engine, air compressor and filtration system
- Must maintain dive equipment and harvesting equipment daily
- Divers must roll out their own hoses and use it to dig geoducks in the locations designated by the crew boss
- Divers should ensure that geoducks stay in the water until loading them into the boat and that the geoducks are clean and free of sand
- Divers need to be able to keep track of how much they have harvested
- At the end of the days tide, the Diver must roll up their hose and keep it and the wand in an orderly fashion on the boat, clean their own suits, masks and other equipment daily
- Divers must take part in loading, unloading, and entering the days harvest into the computer
- Divers must communicate with their crew boss about hours and transport
- Diver Tenders assist the divers helping them suit up, by pulling up their sacks out of the water once full and taking care of the product the diver harvests
- Diver Tenders assist the Diver Persons in Charge with Pre and Post Dive checklists
- Divers and Tenders must pick up any garage, maintain a positive work environment between the supervisor and the crew member and must inform the crew boss if any equipment is broken or damaged
- Divers and Tenders may be required on occasion to participate in other geoduck positions such as planting, stomping and banding
- Other duties, as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have surface air certification and Geoduck Harvest dive experience
- Employees in this position will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Must complete safety orientation prior to working on the beach
- Must be physically able to lift and handle sixty pounds
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must wear proper safety gear when necessary
- Must have the ability to swim
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and various times of day and night
- Must have clean driving record in order to drive company vehicles
- Must maintain proper employee conduct including being aware and respectful of time of day, noise level and the homeowners that surround the beaches
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk on uneven ground up to 8 hours per day
- The employee will be required to stoop, bend, kneel, twist, and squat
- The employee needs to be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to speak and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and managers
- Must be able to use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing and pulling
Here at Taylor Shellfish we offer health insurance for the employee and their family with incredibly low premium costs and annual deductibles. We offer dental, vision, plus 401K program. We also offer paid time off which starts to accrue immediately and gives you a whole week of paid time off in the first year (dependent on hours worked), plus 6 paid holidays a year, amazing company discounts, paid training through the company, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Taylor Shellfish Farms is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, material status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with federal, state and local ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.