Taylor Shellfish Farms is one of the largest producers of farmed shellfish in North America. The company is quickly growing in sustainable shellfish farming with new techniques and innovative growing methods.
Taylor Shellfish Farms is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, material status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with federal, state and local ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
As the crew boss, you are responsible for directing and leading a crew of about 3-15 individuals, depending on the farm. You will be required to communicate with the manager on a regular basis to develop a planting, maintenance and harvest plan and carry out the plan in a systematic manner. As a crew boss, you will also be responsible for clocking the crew in and out of T-Sheets, our electronic time keeping system.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Position requires some experience working on a shellfish farm.
- Work with the manager to help set planting, maintenance and/or harvest schedule to follow and relay work schedule information to the crew.
- Be aware and knowledgeable of safety & ECOP rules and follow accordingly.
- Keep daily records and relay information to management.
- Check the quality of crew’s daily work performance
- Help clock the crew in and out of T-Sheets timely and accurately, ensuring employees are not clocking in early or out late.
- Assist with day to day details in making the farm run more efficiently.
- Attend work schedule meetings with management and other lead employees, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Some experience in aquaculture or related farming
- Team and Individual leadership skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong and sound decision-making skills
- Must maintain positive crew morale
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions
- Time of day is variable with the tides, and often includes full or partial weekends
JOB & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated ability to: Lead and motivate a crew of 3-15 individuals
- Safety training required
- Pass training (forklift, boat operator certification, tractor training, etc.)
- Must have Wash. State boaters card
- Must be able to drive company vehicles by having a clean drivers abstract
- 21 years or older
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk on uneven terrain up to 8 hours per day.
- The employee may be required to stoop, bend, kneel, twist, and squat 30 percent of the time
- The employee needs to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (Regularly required to exert up to 20lbs or force, frequently required to exert up to 50 lbs. of force, occasionally required to exert up to 125 lbs. of force)
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to speak and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and managers
- Must be able to use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- Must have agility and balance to safely climb on machines, boats, etc.
Here at Taylor Shellfish we offer health insurance for the employee and their family with incredibly low premium costs and annual deductibles. We offer dental, vision, plus a 401K program. We also offer paid time off which starts to accrue immediately and gives you a whole week of paid time off in the first year (dependent on hours worked), plus 6 paid holidays a year, amazing company discounts, paid training through the company and a tuition reimbursement program.